Friday, January 19, 2007

After the Appraisal

Well... It happened.
Should I be thrilled that it happened?... Finally?

I dont know. Harsh criticism concealed in the garb of sugary words, meant to throw you off the course, doesnt go down very well with me. However, I've taken it before and I have taken it yesterday.

I was told
  • I've got good communication skills ( why thank you! So, I can talk )
  • I've got enthusiasm to work ( well I'd be thrown out if I didnt?!!)

n then the bamboo's start coming:

  • I'm eager to deliver ( too eager actually. On the brink of impatience. Ultimately, I churn out something which should have taken 6 hours in 2, leading to careless mistakes and twice the work)
  • I'm NOT intutive enough ( so sue me !)
  • I dont have any common sense ( Up yours dude!). This one is a culmination of impatience+ Lack of intution+ careless+ no attention to detail+every single negative which an employee could possibly have.

I'm therefore faced with a few choices:

  • To continue working here and more precisely under Big B = work harder, work to impress, work to improve, work to become smarter ( and leave the shadow of the dumb, stupid, moronic personality that I am, behind!) basically make her fall in love with me. the deadline for the same being, mid-year appraisal.
  • To leave as soon as I find a better option = Going through the painful task of applications, interviews etc, not to mention the constant upgradation of my CV on naukri.com, start establishing myself from scratch in a new place, go through the rigmarole of trying to build some sort of a rapport with new boss again ( which may or may not happen, considering my authority repulsing ability)
  • OORRR....Would it be better to just disappear? Or catch the next shatabdi to chandigarh and never come back? Or better still... move to the hills. To live in a remote village and grow apples with humble, innocent villagers, who would ofcourse welcome me with open arms. I'd probably give them some worldly gyan once in a while about politics, market reseach, life in general. Not to mention, sitting in the evenings in the village chaupal and smoking chillums with the elders.

So, which one will it be?

1 comment:

Jazz Mafia said...

Nothing better than living in a remote village with no people around, trust me.